- Membership is open to churches and para-church ministries
- that subscribe to the Statement of Faith of the Barrie Christian Council
- that have been established for a minimum of one year
- the Statement of Faith of the church or ministry must be consistent with the Statement of Faith of the Barrie Christian Council
- each church or para-church ministry may designate one voting representative for any given meeting of the Council for voting purposes, although other members of the church or ministry may attend meetings as well as the voting representative
- the voting representative of a church must be a member (in good standing) of the church, and also subscribe to the Statement of Faith of the Barrie Christian Council
- Para-church ministries must work in cooperation with Barrie's local churches to build the Kingdom. These ministries, however varied, may include, for instance, Christian counselling, chaplaincy, emergency shelter, clothing, food programs, InterVarsity, etc.
- the voting representative of a para-church ministry must be a member (in good standing) of a local Christian church in the Barrie district, and also subscribe to the Statement of Faith of the Barrie Christian Council
- Associate Membership: is open to individuals, such as church planters, retired ministers, Christian workers, etc., who subscribe to the Statement of Faith, are members (in good standing) of a local church, and who desire to be involved in the Barrie Christian Council. Associate members would enjoy the opportunity to attend meetings and participate fully but not vote. They pay the fees of Associate Membership.
- Membership shall be renewed annually, and shall run from September 1st to August 31st of the following year.
- Yearly membership fees will be set by the executive, but the executive may waive the fees in cases of need.
- The Executive consists of a President, Vice-President/secretary, and Treasurer who meet bi-monthly or as needed.
- The executive will hold office on a yearly basis, and members of the executive may be re-elected for up to three years. After a year's sabbatical, a former member of the executive may be considered for re-election.
- Barrie Christian Council meets quarterly or more frequently as desired
- Meetings have a scheduled start and finish time. (1 Hour)
- Welcome of new Pastors and old pastor's. - 10 minutes.
- Devotional - 10 minutes.
- Executive announcements & recommendations, and open session to discuss citywide concerns. - 20 minutes.
- Fellowship time. 20 minutes.
Ministry Meeting Presentations
Due to the number and frequency of requests by ministries to a make presentations to the BCC members the following policy has been established
- Ministries will not be given time at the BCC Ministry Meetings to address the members.
- Ministries may at the executive's discretion be allowed to be present at the meetings and or have their materials distributed to the BCC members. If present at the meetings they may talk with interested BCC members before or after the meeting but they will not be given a time slot during the meeting.
- Before Ministries can have their material distributed or attend a meeting they must have read and agreed to our statement of faith as found on this web site.
- Ministries must obtain approval for their attendance at the meeting and must inform the executive of their plans a week in advance of the meeting.
- Ministries must not imply from their attendance that the BCC endorses their ministry or materials nor are they to imply endorsement to others outside the BCC. If the BCC chooses to endorse a ministry it will do so in writing.
- If possible, decision-making will be by consensus. If consensus cannot be reached after a time of prayer, decisions will be made by voting.
- Each member church or para-church ministry will be allowed one vote. Each national Christian ministry or organization sending a chaplain will be allowed one vote.
- Other representatives of churches and ministries are welcome to attend meetings and may be given permission by the voting representatives to enter the discussion, but not to vote.
Schedule of Fees
- Churches (overall attendance)
- 0-100 - $50
- 101-500 - $100
- 501 & up - $150
- Para-church ministries & chaplaincies: $20
- Associate Members - $10