The Barrie Christian Council consists of churches and para-church ministries in Barrie, Ontario sharing the following vision:
Vision Statement Scripture:
John 17: 20-21 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
In response to Christ's prayer for his disciples that "all of them may be one", the vision of the Barrie Christian Council is as follows:
Voice - To act as a voice for the Christian Community on issues of common concern.
- To advance our sphere of influence with city, and media in order to have our voice heard.
- To be a positive influence in our city for the cause of Christ.
- Executive would call members together for consensus on issues of common concern.
Impact - To foster awareness of and strengthen the witness of our Christian Community in Barrie.
- By prompting innovative and effective means of reaching the community with the gospel.
- By developing Christian responses to needs within the community.
- By prompting City wide prayer.
- By pooling resources, skills, money and information for the greater cause of Godís Kingdom.
Partnership - To encourage and support individual ministries of member congregations & organizations.
- By sharing information about events, speakers, conferences and like activities.
- By holding bi-monthly Praise & Prayer events.
- By providing opportunity for all members to develop supportive relationships.
- By promotion of special community worship services hosted by individual congregations.
To more effectively pastor a city to spiritual health by:
- Working together
- Not worrying who gets the credit
- Focusing on Kingdom priorities